The Linley Group offers consulting services tailored to the specific needs of each client. We cover emerging areas such as processors for wireless and mobile applications, Gigabit and 10G Ethernet, high-speed interconnects, high-speed embedded processors, security processors, accelerators, communications chips, network processors, access processors, broadband interface chips, and much more.
We help clients understand the market for these devices, the strategies of the vendors, key differentiators for each product, and how to select the right device or product positioning for a specific application.
The Linley Group has served a wide variety of clients both large and small. The following is a partial client list: Altera, AMD, AppliedMicro (AMCC), VirageLogic/ARC, Bay Microsystems, Brocade, Cavium, Cortina, Cypress, Exar/Hifn, EZchip, Fulcrum, Freescale/Motorola, Gennum, HP, IBM, IDT, Intel, LSI/Agere, Marvell, Mindspeed, MIPS, NetLogic, Raytheon, Sony, Symantec, Wintegra, Xelerated, Xilinx, Crosslink Capital, Piper Jaffray, and Ziff Brothers Investments.
We also work with the financial investment community through Gerson Lehrman Group where our analysts are ranked in the top tier of the council of advisors.
Typical consulting engagements include the following:
- Providing technical due diligence and key insights to investment firms evaluating whether to invest in a semiconductor company
- Helping established semiconductor vendors with competitive analysis, messaging, and positioning for upcoming product launches
- Providing an independent industry analyst view point for customer roadshows
- Working with young companies to help direct their initial product definitions to best differentiate from potential future competitors
- Assisting equipment vendors to identify the core silicon most appropriate for their applications
- Creating custom white papers to analyze specific products or technologies
We possess a unique combination of technical expertise and specific market knowledge in networking silicon and semiconductors for mobile and wireless. Our analysts not only have a deep understanding of the key technologies in these markets but they also understand that market success is based as much on business strategy as on technical excellence. Each analyst has broad experience in product design, marketing, management, and industry analysis to bring a real-world perspective to your issues.
Our recommendations are always steeped in the realities of the marketplace—not vendor hype. We understand the dynamics of startups and large corporations alike and can provide the appropriate messaging and positioning to each client's situation.
To ensure confidentiality, we often work under nondisclosure agreements. To avoid conflicts of interest, we limit the scope of our engagements with semiconductor vendors and do not accept retainer work or long-term projects.
Fees are typically on a per-project basis and usually range from our minimum billing of $3,000 to $20,000 or more. For a quotation, please contact us.